Collab An Unorthodox Investigation

A city thrust in a land of magical corruption, where survival isn't taken for granted, Yaralon is a jewel on Eastern Idalos. It is world renown for its mercenary companies, for their spiritual culture that appears a bit backwards and counter intuitive to more "civilized" types. Yaralon is where the strong go to discover that they are anything but, and mercenaries learn that only Yari mercs are true mercs.

Moderator: Tempest

Pig Boy
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: Apprentice Staff
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Re: An Unorthodox Investigation

Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:57 am

Balthazar

See comments

Knowledge

See comments

Loot/losses

See comments

Wealth

See comments

Renown

See comments
Lorraine

15/15 (10 of these points may be used for necromancy)

Knowledge

Acrobatics: Doing stretching exercises to wake yourself up.
Acrobatics: Jumping backwards while crouching to avoid an attack.
Tactics: Planning which way to evade before evading.
Intimidation: Using your words to keep somebody from doing something.
Detection: Noticing a small faded mark on a corpses ankle.
Strength: Catching and swinging a heavy hammer.
Musical Instrument (Fiddle): Bouncing bow technique.
Meditation: Taking a deep breath to clear your mind.
Necromancy (bonesong): Using your singing to channel your magic.
Bladed Combat (Dagger): Stabbing someone in the wrist to disarm them.

Loot/losses

A bad mess in your house. Will take some doing to get everything repaired after the destruction.

Wealth

n/a

Renown

10 for winning a battle and getting closer to solving a mystery.
Comments: Heya, just a quick heads up for Balthazar. Your CS needs attending to. While mages aren't necessarily required to keep a separate ledger for magic xp, the xp awarded for magic is treated as separate from ordinary skills. As such, each thread that awards magic xp must be marked in your ledger. So what I want you to do is just go back through his threads, find which ones award magic xp, and then just put (defiance) or (rupturing) next to the points awarded, so reviewers know how you've been earning magic xp. Once you do that, I'll dole out your rewards for this thread. Thanks!

Well, this investigation escalated quickly! I love that trick Balthazar pulled with the large pillar of stone, and then punching it to send shrapnel/projectiles of earth at the other guys.

Lorraine, I love that you took the time to write a song for your thrall, and how you play your bone song during the fight was very neat.

Overall, this thread was a fun read, and I look forward to more collabs between you two.
word count: 334
"In Play by Posting Role Playing, inaccurate and inconsistent lore is considered especially heinous.
On Standing Trials, the dedicated investigators who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Lore Analysis Unit.
These are their stories..."

Return to “Yaralon”