• Closed • Gay Panic 101

Nicholas knows he should focus on work, but there're muscles and his gay panic requires attention.

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus, Avalon, Vulpes

Nicholas Erobern
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Pharmacist's Assistant
Renown: +30
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Gay Panic 101

Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:59 am

16th Trial of Ymiden, Arc 720.

Nicholas stood behind the store desk, elbows propped against it, back in a slight curve, and eyes roaming the human traffic buzzing past the windows. It was a slow, hot day with only a few customers coming in. There was an old man that needed one of their more common pain killers, a couple of delivery boys that came for some custom orders and a guy who was so ordinary that the boy had forgotten about his visit or what he came to pick up once he was out of the door. Almost anyone else would panic about something like that but employees of Serpent's Remedies had already gotten through that stage. While the master doesn't mind, they don't care.

He still remembers how weird it was at first when he noticed that every other person here called Inkwell "Master". The man itself didn't indicate throughout their interactions that he wished to be called such and the youngest of Eroberns was suspicious it wasn't his idea in the first place. As he had asked around no one really knows why they were doing it, beyond the explanation "The guys before me were calling him like that." It made sense and Nicholas didn't prod afterward.

Back to the present, as there weren’t many people at the moment Nicholas should have been doing something else. Heck, he had quite a list of chores like dusting, checking stock, making a list of ointments and remedies that should be re-filled, making some of them, just to name a few of the responsibilities. Working here was nice, but the place was for sure busy. If there weren’t orders to fulfill then they were just packed with customers on the spot. If like today, it was empty there was, for sure, a long list of orders and more common remedies that were in need of making. On top of that, and the boy gave a guilty look at his backpack behind the counter, he had an assignment to hand in a couple of trials. The redhead should definitely stop lazing around.

There was a sudden ring of the bell attached to the door, the moment where the noise from outside crawled into the room, filled the space, and then left as soon, as the doors were closed again. Instantly, a small, polite smile formed on Nicholas's face, back straightened out, him already feeling how his voice was preparing itself to go in “clerk” mode. It was slightly calmer, less all-over-the-place, and much softer then what he uses every day. People even mixed it up often for a female voice.

” Hello and welcome to Serpent’s Remedies!” Nicholas spoke as he took in the person that just arrived. And his brain froze. Just...Froze. Everything just stopped, all higher functions died as he had decided to snack on some of the backroom mushrooms again (it was a dare). There were some large, well-defined muscles just there...In front of him...Saying something...
” Wait!!? Talking muscles?” Upon that thought he snapped out of the daze and directed his eyes to the man’s face.
”...Suggested coming here.” The guy finished, looking slightly out of place. Nicholas swore that one day he will find a way to kick his own ass.

” Yes, yes...Sure! We have everything and...Yeee, if we don’t have it...Emmm, we can make it.” Nicholas had a half of mind to just jump out of the window now, run home and never look back. The man looked equally awkward, his eyes shifting from left to right, never landing on the redhead.
” So...I apologize, but...What you wanted, again?” That seemed to work the trick as the 200 pounds of muscle looked in his direction, chewing on the bottom lip.

” Muscle pain...Something for sore muscles.” The customer almost whispered, his body radiating awkwardness. Or, maybe, Nicholas was just channeling himself at that moment. Anyway, once the man had spoken out the redhead's mind had already decided where to take his body while trying very hard to not imagine how one gets sore muscles. Had it been mentioned that it has been a while since his last successful date?
word count: 724
Nicholas Erobern
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Pharmacist's Assistant
Renown: +30
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Re: Gay Panic 101

Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:13 am

16th Trial of Ymiden, Arc 720.

Putting aside the boy's sad, sad single life he chided himself for being so unprofessional. Good thing that Marcus and Andrea were working in the second floor's lab.
"Though, if they would have been here you wouldn't and this whole situation could have been avoided." Nicholas thought to himself while approaching one of the shelves mainly dedicated to different ointments. And hard candy that tasted like medicine. Don't ask him why.
"Do you know if you have sensitive skin? Any irritations after using ointments? Also, do you also want one that numbs the pain as well while the muscle is recovering?" He dropped one question after another, paying less attention to the man in front of him and more to the different jars they had, reading the labels, and trying to remember the ingredients used in them. Suddenly, a quite obvious question popped up in the Eroberns mind, something he should have asked from the beginning, but forgot because of the slight...Distraction. Did he mention that front desk duty wasn't his favorite?
"Actually, I hope you don't mind me asking...Why are you're muscles sore? And have you seen a doctor regarding this?" Customers may always be right, except when they gave their own uneducated opinion about health. Then no...They aren't.

It took a bit for the man to gather his answer, Nicholas not being sure if the buff dude was shy or did he had any other issues. He for sure had problems looking in the red-heads eyes.
"I'm a mercenary. A lot of physical training. It's not the first time I'm having them, but I ran out of the cream doctor gave me twelve trials ago. I'm not from here so couldn't really get it from him." That was then finished with an awkward-ish chuckle, though, the boy didn't find anything particularly funny regarding his statement. Sore muscles were nothing to joke about...Most times. "Just to treat them, please." The man added, remembering his last question.

Nicholas nodded, scanning the shelves quickly one more time before taking a small jar filled with white, non-described cream.
"Here we go! Rub it in once in the morning, once in the evening and it should help. I would offer something without perfume, but, sadly, we are out." Present Nicholas imagines slapping past self for being lazy. "Hope you have no problems with wildflowers." Now it was his turn to let out an awkward chuckle.

The customer just nodded and both returned to the front desk, Nicholas wrapped up the cream jar in brown paper, put the wax brand, and let the man know the total to pay. There were quite and polite goodbyes and in the next moment the boy was again all alone. Another moment passed before he unfreezes and lets out a breath he didn't know that he was holding. This is why he avoids the front desk as much as possible.
"Well, that was a carriage wreck if I have seen one." An elderly, a bit hoarse voice spoke behind him, making Nicholas's blood turn into solid ice. An ax-wielding psychopath could enter right about now and save him, thank you.

"Ms. Inkwell...Sir...Master...Break time already?" Nicholas squicked, once turned to face the owner and head pharmacist of the store. "No, no, just thought to ask if you want to switch with Andrea, as I know you aren't a fan of front desk duty, but I see you're having fun here, hmmm?" The boy was opening and closing his mouth like a fish on the land, trying to find some words throughout his embarrassment. There was nothing. The old man chuckled once more before gently moving the feathered boy aside, so he could access the front desk. While going through some papers he muttered,
"Could have at least asked his name if you felt like starring so much."

This, again, summoned a desire for Nicholas to defend himself, cheeks going almost as red as his feathers, but, again, there were no words. Ms. Inkwell found it all way too hilarious, patting the boy on the shoulder and softly chuckling.
"I think I will leave you here today. Don't forget to restock the shelves." With that he left back up, the last few words sounding like being muttered more under his nose than anything else, "To be young..."

The shock passed, Nicholas's cheeks returned to their natural color and he turned back to stare at the windows that showed the street. There was a sad smile on his lips, thankful for how nice, if not quirky, was his boss. But his comment also reminded the Erobern that even if he wouldn't be a complete disaster when it comes to flirting, one just doesn't do it with a face like his, to name just one of the many reasons. A sad sight escapes him then, but it only lasts a moment before he remembers that there are assignments waiting for him and inventory to be checked. He then laughs, takes a checklist and a pencil, starting to note all the various bottles they have and all that needs to be made.
word count: 895
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: +952
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Re: Gay Panic 101

Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:58 am

Nicholas:

Knowledge:
Medicine: Sore muscles as an occupational hazard.
Business Management: Basic Customer Service

Loot: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: 5. This attracted attention!
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.

- - -
Comments: My first Nicholas thread!

I liked the title. The thread was entertaining, and all the details that you added made it very easy for me to envision what was happening. When that muscular man entered the shop, and Nicholas’ brain just froze, I couldn’t help but laugh. That was such a great scene. You described your PC’s being nervous and dazed and acting awkward at the sight of all those muscles quite well. I enjoyed their conversation – as well as the boss’ reaction. I hope that Nicholas will eventually get a date, by the way. I find him kind of adorable!

Enjoy your rewards!

P.S.: I might have added “Discipline” to the list of skills used as Nicholas chided himself and tried to act professional in the second post.

P.P.S.: You can request up to 6 knowledges for a solo. You only requested 2. So, if you want more, let me know!
word count: 196

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity

Return to “Scalvoris Town”