• Memory • A Terror On Land

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.

Moderator: Basilisk

Vluharqih
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Apothecary
Renown: +197
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

A Terror On Land

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:59 am

CREDIT
Arc 710, 24th trial of Cylus
Alex sat, ramrod straight, and stared at Alfred. Her adoptive father was pacing back and forth, his brow furrowed in concentration. He was talking about the 'boys', as he called them, and the various problems they were facing. Her flat eyes followed his movements, and she nodded her head occasionally, but she heard none of what he said.

It didn't matter, of course. Alfred was speaking out loud just to work through the problems himself. The few times Alex had tried to offer suggestions or help, he had lashed out at her, calling her all sorts of names. Since then, she had realized he cared little for her input, and had likely forgetten she even sat there.

She shifted her weight in the seat slightly, focusing on maintaining perfect posture- one of Alfred's obsessions for her. She heard her name and came back to herself, her eyes focusing on his face.

"Well, did you hear what I said?"

Mutely, Alex shook her head.

Alfred sighed and shook his head. "Damn kid... I said we need something terrifying. Something... unnatural I suppose. A couple of the shopkeepers are refusing to pay our protection fees, and we don't want to hurt them. The guard has been right on our asses the last few cycles and we don't need any extra attention." His pacing continued, back and forth across the front of the fireplace, and not for the first time, Alex wondered how he hadn't worn a path through the oak panels. Aelig knows he walked over it enough.

"I'll have one of the boys swing by later to bring you over to the library. He'll wait there until you're finished. I'm guessing, what, a trial? Pick something scary and go with it- we don't have time to mess around."

Alex stood and inclined her head sharply to him before striding out of the room.

Alex sat in a chair, her shoulders rounded and curved as she slouched over a book. A bestiary of Idalos, it discussed the various monsters and wildlife that covered the planet. Alex was slightly surprised by the variety of creatures she had never heard of. Canopy Anvils, Aurora Gliders, and Jacadons, they all seemed potential forms, but none of them jumped out at her. Bored, she shut the book with a snap and blew air out of her mouth, sending curls of dust up and across the motes of light streaming in the room.

She glanced around

WIP
QUOTE QUOTE I AM SPEAKING

word count: 440

Return to “Andaris”